Saturday, December 31, 2011

T minus 8 hours

So my daughter, Laura, decided that she wanted to be a vegetarian for a year. She included this on her "bucket list" and decided 2012 was the time to do it! Since I'm not a huge carnivore, and do most of the cooking around here, I'm in, too. Sure, why not!? It should be an adventure at the very least.

My health is far from stellar. I've got a list of allergies the length of my arm, chronic itching, insomnia, and 20 unwanted pounds, to list a few. I'm looking forward to the new year, and the new food choices that I will have to make, all in order to hopefully give me a jump start on the "new me!"

Laura, on the other hand, is just doing this for the fun of it. She's a month shy of 17, tall, georgeous, and a size 2. WOW!! OK...so she and I are obviously in this for different reasons....but we both have 1 in common: we're in it together...and we're excited about it!

I stocked up on basic vegetarian ingrediants at Trader Joe's today. To help us get started, there were two vegetarian quick and easy cookbooks under the Christmas tree for us. And of course, there's the endless resourse called "the internet."

Advice is welcome.

We'll keep you posted....and here we go!

1 comment:

  1. You and your daughter are an inspiration to me to work harder to stick to my eating plan. I hope 2012 is a good year for all of us in that regard!

    ReplyDelete